A watch created by doctors since 1707
Discover more about story and reviews about Doplr here!
The story behind the brand
- We wanted a pulsometer watch which was symbolically innovative with regard to the history of medicine, while at the same time being timeless and unique only in limited edition!
- That’s why we decided to reinvent the pulsometer watch: Doplr (pronounced “doppler”) is born.
- There exists an historical link between medicine and watchmaking. This watch existed 310 years ago!
Old school medical functionality: pulsometer and asthmometer
Just like John Floyer’s first pulsometer watch, our watch is equipped with a pulsometer on the dial which can be used to measure a patient’s pulse.
While not revolutionary, this accessory is as useful for a doctor as a Breitling is for a pilot!
How does it work ?
To take the pulse of the patient all that is needed is :
- to wait for the second hand to pass the 12 o’clock hour mark
- then you count 15 pulsations.
- At the 15th beat, simply read the number on the scale and you get the heart rate.
We have also added an asthmometer, which allows for the measurement of the respiratory rate.
- As soon as the second hand passes 6 o’clock, you count five breaths.
- On the movement of the patients fifth breath, simply read the number on the scale and you will have the respiratory rate.
Reviews in media
- You can see Doplr Watch last reviews here:
- Monochrome watches
- Revolution Watch
- For every Doplr we sell, we donate the equivalent of 15 anti-cholera vaccinations, to "doctors without borders". In 2017, we donated 3250€, which equates to 1950 choleras vaccines. thanks for your support!
Click HERE to configure your Doplr
Have a good day,
Your Doplr team